Have you always wanted to run your own business?
Do you dream about being an entrepreneur but you are not sure if it is for you?
Do you want to sharpen your business acumen?
Join the SIM National Management Competition (NMC) and find out where you stand!
The NMC is an annual business challenge where participants form teams to manage a business. Through a simulation platform, which is used by leading business schools of the world, you will gain invaluable ‘hands-on’ experience in managing and growing a company.
The NMC is an excellent opportunity to test and nurture your entrepreneurial and business skills.
• Each team will manage your own company that competes with other teams.
• Each team will make decisions over different periods on all aspects of operating a business in an international environment including:
- Human Resources
- Risk Management
• Each team will challenge in a highly competitive, close to real-time virtual market which will behave according to the actual decisions made by other teams playing in the market.
Each team must effectively and profitably manage and grow an international company in a competitive environment. During the course of the simulation, participants will have to manage their company as it progresses from trading to manufacturing.
• Gain beginning-to-end experience of managing a company from launch to growth, in a dynamic, competitive and uncertain business environment.
• Establish and align relationship between Strategy and Operational issues.
• Understand the interdependent nature of different business functions and manage the interfaces between manufacturing, marketing, finance and service.
• Understand the links and impact between cash flow statement, income statement and balance sheet.
• Learn to anticipate, evaluate and manage all dynamically different competitive factors.
• Appreciate the importance of communication and teamwork.
• A choice to make: How can I grow my market share and not impact my bottom line?
• A decision to take: Cash flow is important, should I give more credit terms to grow my market share and then take on debts to ensure my cash flow stays healthy? What are the risks?
• An impact and/or consequence to live by: If my desired market objective is not achieved, what are the risks of my choices and decisions. What can I do to mitigate this?
Bissada-Pragma Management Simulations (BMS) was founded by INSEAD’s Emeritus Professor, Dr Youssef Bissada and his wife, Dr Hoda Irani Bissada in 1977. BMS specialises in the design and delivery of simulation programmes for management training. Advanced simulation technologies and teaching methodologies are used to optimise retention of knowledge through ‘Learning by Doing’, thus enhancing management learning and performance. Clients and users of BMS simulation platform includes Adidas, Heineken, Orange, Petronas as well as leading teaching institutions such as Insead (France), Babson (USA) and IMD (Switzerland).
BMS is represented in Asia by Pragma Solutions Pte Ltd.
Lena Lim is a Partner and Director of Pragma Solutions Pte Ltd which specialises in business simulation. She also heads its consulting arm specialising in strategy, process change and business restructuring. Lena has over 20 years of experience managing SME and MNC businesses and her international portfolio spans across industries from electronics and technology to recycling. She has held senior positions in sales and marketing, supply chain and operations, global restructuring and general management.